Tuesday 23 December 2014

Documented December - Day Twenty Three - Christmas Traditions



Christmas traditions are important, and some of them happen without you realising sometimes I think. Some are handed down through generations, and there are others that are newly born, particularly when you have your own family and children.

Every year I (Claire N) make a Christmas Cake (and mince pies on Chrsitmas Eve), but out of the four of us I am the other one who eats it. Mum & Dad won't be here this year to help me out either, opting to post pone their annual visit until the Spring.



With us, I always make my own Christmas cake and mince pies, even though i am the only one who eats them. They are my most favourite sweet treats of all I think, so I really really look forward to this time of year for that reason.
When I am making the cake the boys love to join in, they both have a fascination for cracking the eggs, and have been known to argue over it....LOL!
Anyway they do chop the Brazil nuts and glace cherries for me, and then everyone has to have a stir of the mixture, make a wish and bring us good luck for the New year.

I must admit I do look forward to that first slice with a cup of tea, usually on Boxing Day, I think it is top of my favourite cake list.

Thank you for joining me today, see you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic page! I LOVE Christmas Cake and I am the only one that eats it too! Enjoy your first slice :D xx

    ReplyDelete