Monday 15 December 2014

Documented December - Day Fifteen - Christmas Cards

Day Fifteen

Christmas Cards! Do you make all of your Christmas Cards? Buy Them? How do you display those that you receive? Take a picture!

Now I'll hand over to Ria who will be sharing her Christmas Card Inspiration...

*****
 
 
Hello there! Its Ria here today?
 
I love sending out Christmas cards during the holidays. As I'm sending out cards mostly overseas, I need to make quick and simple cards that are not too bulky to be sent out to the mail.
 
So here's what I did. I used the Traditional Christmas Ornaments stamps and white heat embossed the ornaments. I colored them with colored pencils, layering light colors to darker colors.
 

I also stamped some stars from the same stamp set and added green twine to complement the ornament colors. I also put some shimmer using the Clear Wink of Stella glitter pen.
 
 
For this second card, I stamped the Christmas tree in different patterned papers from Sarah.
 
 
I also stamped some snowflakes from the Christmas Red Cups and Labels stamp set using white ink. I then added some gems to give some sparkle on the snowflakes, I also add a star with button for some texture.
 
Here's a closer look of the trees. I think the graphic look adds fun to this simple card don't you think?
 
 
That's it for now and I hope you'll get inspired to do more of holiday cards.
 
Till then!
 
Supplies used:
Sarah Hurley designer papers
White gel pen and embossing powder
Twine and gems
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Ria I love them both. You're right about the graphic finish to the tree card, it makes it look so stylish. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Ria, perfect colours that look fab against the kraft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Ria, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete