Monday 8 December 2014

Documented December - Day Eight - Winter Wonderland!

Day EightWinter Wonderland! What is the weather like today? Is there snow? frost? does it feel wintery?

Now I'll hand over to Susie who'll be sharing her inspiration for today!...

*****

Well, yesterday we had a little flurry of snow, which was exciting. Today it's just wet and miserable and exceptionally slippy, but you never know, we may get more snow.

My family LOVE snow and we are, most definitely, hoping for a snow filled holiday - our Winter Wonderland! Sledging, skiing, snowmen, snow angels........endless fun!!

I had already decided on a rough plan and layout for today's prompt, but when I saw Sarah's beautiful paper, in my absolute favourite teal/turquoise colour, I HAD to use that as my background.

I snipped and stuck the Christmas tree 8 for my date and layered "Baby it's cold outside" and "let it snow" onto banners over my photos. The top photo was taken in 2010 during the most awesome winter I remember and the skiing one is of Scott at Aviemore this year. I had a Kraft tag from a previous kit and decided that I could see it becoming a sledge!?! So, I drew, shaded and cut as follows:
 
And to complete it, I did a little bit of journalling, following the shape of the snow and added some Stickles in Picket Fence and Stardust. I also added some gorgeous turquoise gems, from a previous kit, to the centre of each snowflake. Fantastic fun!!!!
P.S Please grab your badge from the sidebar for your blog, leave your links in the comments, hashtag us on social media (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) with #documenteddecember and #sarahhurley so we can find and like your projects - we'd love to see!

3 comments:

  1. I love your layout Susie and the tag is so clever. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO Susie, love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute layout susie, these papers are beautiful to work with aren't they x

    ReplyDelete