Thursday 11 December 2014

Christmas Tags

Hi all,

Nicole here with you today to share a simple project with you to make some quick and easy Christmas tags. I used one of the journaling tags from the May A Few of My Favorite things kit for the base of my tag but you could use any journaling tags you liked for this.

I chose one of the chalkboard ones with a frame for my base. You could simply use black card and draw on a white frame too if you wanted!


I added in a sentiment using photoshop but this could be done on Word too. I used a really pretty font called Art Brewery that is free for personal use. Funny name but pretty font! You could just stamp on to the card in white ink or white emboss also.

I added all of my tags with font into a word document and added in a small present image from on of the previous Sarah Hurley kits also. This allowed me to print out a lot on two sheets of paper with as little wastage as possible.

I then cut all of these out and assembled them. 


To make the tag I used my hold punch to punch a hole in one present and one tag base at the same time. I then set these together with an eyelet. I put a small bit of tape runner on the back of the present to keep it in place while I set the eyelet....


I threaded some bakers twine through the eyelet and called them done!

I love quick and simple projects like this that I can have fun making and that use up some older supplies but give them a new twist.

1 comment:

  1. These are perfect Nicole- can I put an order in please..LOL! I am so behind with my cards and tags x

    ReplyDelete