Sunday 28 December 2014

Documented December - Day Twenty Eight - Jaine's Year in Review.

Wow, for me it's been a whirlwind of a year which has seen me working harder than ever on projects and designs. 

Right at the beginning of the year I vowed to take up pocket page style scrapping on a regular basis. This meant creating a page per week which was brilliant. I absolutely love it and even though I did fall behind over the summer (I'm still catching up now) I'll get it finished and start a new one for 2015 because I've totally fallen for this type of memory keeping. I found it easy to do and a whole lot less intimidating than full sized layouts. In the beginning I used a lot of Sarah's pre-cut journaling cards from the earlier monthly kits but now I cut my own from patterned paper and even make my own too with stamps and embellishments. 


Talking about stamps and pocket page scrapping, I was thrilled to see my very own stamp set come out especially for Project Life pages. These won't be one offs as I've plans for more like them next year.


I got to do lots of art journaling and messy stuff too like this one which I created as a tutorial to backgrounds.


 Backgrounds are the most important part of a journal page project for me and so it came quite naturally to design my own background stamps. These two sets got me really excited and gave me lots of ideas for other backgrounds in the future.

 

Creating the pocket page scrapping also led to more 12 x 12 layouts as I wanted to create at least one per month.  It's made me a lot less anxious about it and I've truly enjoyed creating them.I hope I can keep the same momentum up in 2015.


I know 2015 is going to be busier than ever but I'm ready to take it on. 
I want to wish you all a very happy New Year and what ever you do I hope it brings joy and prosperity.

Jaine x

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic crafty busy year it has been for you Jaine, love the PL stamps it's something that never goes wrong! Wishing you health, wealth and happiness for 2015. C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have had a fantastic year! Love your stamps and the background ones look fab! Hope 2015 is just as successful and fun for you. x

    ReplyDelete