Friday 19 December 2014

Documented December - Day Nineteen - Christmas Blessings

The prompt for today (can you believe it is day 19 already?!) is Christmas Blessings. I am not a religious person, but I regularly like to think about what I am thankful for, or to "Count My Blessings", as my Gran used to say!

This Christmas, at the very top of my list is "Dad". In February this year, he was diagnosed with cancer of the mouth and neck. He started his treatment in April and has been very unwell as a result, not to mention all the associated worry that accompanies the diagnosis. I'm pleased to say that the treatment seems to have worked and he is doing well, although his body still has a long way to go to get back to normal!! But it is wonderful to acknowledge the good. (By the way, that's my mum and my nephew in the picture too.)

Originally, my layout was going to be all about my dad, but then there is just so much to be glad about, so I changed it to be one for each day of the month!! It mostly uses last year's Christmas kit, together with some more of those gorgeous turquoise gems from a previous kit.

So, what will your layout include? I'll look forward to seeing them.

Susie x

P.S Please grab your badge from the sidebar for your blog, leave your links in the comments, hashtag us on social media (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) with #documenteddecember and #sarahhurley so we can find and like your projects - we'd love to see!

1 comment:

  1. such a lovely picture and layout Susie...shed a tear reading that and ditti to having the best friends in the world xx

    ReplyDelete