Wednesday 3 December 2014

How to stamp a wreath.




Originally when I designed my Robins stamp set and especially the fern branch, in my mind I was thinking door wreath decorations which I like to make myself every year. As soon as I got my own set of the new stamps I was itching to try out my idea and if I can say it myself it worked better than I could have hoped. Here's how I created it;


I drew around a small saucer lightly. I wanted to fit an A5 size card in the end so I knew how big I wanted my wreath to be. 


The fir branch itself is already slightly curved but there is room for a little more flexibility if you're careful and it's possible to bend it a little more when it's placed on the block.

I started stamping first with Peeled Paint Distress ink around the circle shape.


I went back with a lighter colour of ink and filled in some more with the smaller, separate branch.


You can fill in as much as you like with this smaller one and in fact I went back in with the first ink colour too.


The separate branch will do the same for a much smaller circle, for example on this tag. The principle is the same except for mine I only took one ink colour this time.


To finish off I added some stickles and sticky backed pearls.
 

 On the tag I just used the liquid pearls.


Happy crafting and look out tomorrow for more of our Documented December series.

Jaine x

3 comments:

  1. That looks gorgeous, Jaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning jaine, I love this type of stamp, thinking may have to do a bit of shopping ....LOL! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Jaine, I would never have thought of that! It looks great xx

    ReplyDelete