Thursday 11 June 2015

Journey of the Flamingos

Hi All,

It is Nicole here today to share a project with you. I had so much fun on this one, getting my hands totally covered in ink, the best kind of crafting in my opinion!

I started off by taking salty ocean distress ink and pressing the pad down onto my work surface - I work on a glass mat. You would need to work on a non stick mat or other non porous surface for this. I sprayed this ink with water and then swiped a panel of watercolour card through it.
 I got this fabulous effect, which I let dry fully....
 I then repeated this process with peacock feathers distress ink to get a wonderful two toned effect.
 I cut my panel down into a banner shape.
 I then had fun with the Sarah Hurley Curio stamp set. I used the peacock feathers distress ink to do some almost tone on tone stamping of some of the elements in the set. I spaced them all around the globe in the center. The Enjoy the Journey is the main sentiment so I double stamped that to make it stand out more.
 On the globe I used a wink of stella pen to add some shimmer to the stand and the land masses. This pen gives wonderful shimmer, but is also very difficult to photograph!
 I added this onto the card base, which I made from some of Sarah Hurley's papers.

 I then used the Sarah Hurley Flamingo Couple cut file from the Silhouette store and cut one flamingo.
You can see it here being assembled....he is still missing his legs!
Once fully assembled I adhered the flamingo onto the card. I placed him so that it looked like he was standing on the globe! I left the card at that as I really wanted the banner and bird to stand out so I resisted the urge to add more on!
I hope you liked this little make. I am calling it a clean and simple card, but I am not quite sure it qualifies! Thanks for stopping by today :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh that looks fabulous, Nicole - I especially love your background - I need to give that a try, methinks!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winning colour combo Nicole....i've been using peacock feathers on everything at the moment

    ReplyDelete