Thursday 25 June 2015

A Fairy Bug Themed Card

Good morning, it's Susie here and we are getting ready for our schools finishing up tomorrow - the summer plans are being made and the excitement is high!

I've been helping a lot in school during the last month, and one of the many activities we did was a Bug Hunt in the local woods and that inspired me to make this card.

I started with two hexagons from the Zendoodle Borders & Bits Stamp Set, stamped in Wheat ink.  The ladybird, from Clare's Woodland Fairy set and the snail from Clare's Flower Fairy set, were stamped in black ink and coloured with my pencils.  The butterfly is from Clare's Garden Fairy set.

The bold stripy card was from one of Sarah's A Few of my Favourite Things kits and matted onto some red paper as a colourful contrast.  Just a little bit of Platinum Stickles completed my clean and simple (and easily mail-able!) card.

These cute insects, together with the other items in the sets, would be wonderful for a scrap layout of a woodland walk.......mmmmm, maybe I have my next project sorted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment