Tuesday 9 June 2015

All at sea.



I thought today I'd show you a quick card made using two of my stamp sets, Beside the Seaside and Don't be Crabby.

When I was young, my parents nearly always took their holiday at the same place in North Wales, which as a child, I found very tedious and longed to go on exciting holidays like I thought a lot of my friends did. It's funny though how you see things and now looking back on those times it wasn't boring at all. In fact I remember lots of fun times there.

These memories sparked the ideas to design these two stamp sets and it seemed rather appropriate to create this card to send to my Dad for his birthday coming up so he can remember  the good times we had.

The background is a simple watercolour wash and each element was fussy cut out and stuck down on top. It seems a fiddly thing to do but with a small pair of sharp scissors it's not too difficult.


I hope it brings back some memories for you too.

Jaine x

3 comments:

  1. I love this, Jaine - the colours are lovely and the shapes are simple for fussy cutting for a fab effect! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Jaine - the colours are lovely and the shapes are simple for fussy cutting for a fab effect! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beach huts are fab Jaine all lined up like that, really in the mood to visit the beach now xxx

    ReplyDelete