Saturday 23 August 2014

Washi tape love.

This was my inspiration piece for the current challenge which you can find here called 'Favourite things' and is still running so you have time to enter.

As promised I said I'd show you a really easy and fun way to make your own washi tape like the bits I've used on the front of my mini album.

 So lets get started.....

You'll need a piece of tissue paper, I kept all of mine from the monthly kits so I have quite a bit.  Try to choose a piece with as few wrinkles as possible (I've been known to iron it) and lay it out on some news paper, scrap paper or anything which won't matter if it gets inky which it will, and spray randomly. Don't do this on your bare table please! Several colours together are good for some funky colourways.


Leave it to dry somewhere.  I lifted mine up and hung it by the corners from the washing line but if you do this be very gentle with it as the tissue is extra delicate when wet. It's a good idea to leave it flat for a while then try lifting it once some of the excess ink has seeped into the protective under layer.

Once it's dry turn it over to the reverse side and add strips of double sided tape. Try not to get any wrinkles in the tissue when you do this.


Cut out the strips.


Now stamp some of your favourite designs onto the tape.  I've used a mixture of border stamps (Zendoodle Borders and Bits) larger stamps and mini stamps. The numbers are from the Zendoodle Alphabet set and the words are from a kit club stamp which I masked off as I went along so as just to capture the part I wanted.


Those larger stamps can be used too and in fact are good for doing several at one time like the Woodgrain here. 


Try making your own washi tape it's great fun and you can make colours and designs to match what your working on.

Jaine x


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Definitely off to give that a try, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jaine this is a fabulous tutorial - looks great fun to do to !

    ReplyDelete