Sunday 2 March 2014

Stamp Catalogue...

Good Morning, It's me Claire N, and it's my turn to share with you today.

How do you store your clear stamps? They are a fabulous way for sure to collect them, and I have begun to store mine on A4 sheets like this


This may be familiar with some of you, but I find I have a dilemma on how to catalogue them for quick reference. I do stamp the card insert included when they arrive, because it has Sarah's branding and is the most gorgeous duck egg blue. But I did want to do something a little more inventive.


I took some supplies, not too many, and decided to use the journal book from Sarah's shop as my new 'catalogue'.


Next question, which stamp set am I going to start with first? It could quite easily have taken me a week to decide, so I went with my newest purchase, and Sarah's latest stamp release from the Be Mine... range.

Taking a number of small scraps of Sarah's design papers that I had stashed away, I arranged them on the double page spread on the first pages of the journal. The journal is so pretty (you'll have to get it to see !!) but each page has a different one of Sarah's designs printed on it, so the back drop to each page is already there for you.


I then used Sarah's two newest stamps sets
I used every stamp from both sets. I stamped some straight onto the page, and others I stamped, coloured (with watercolour pencils), fussy cut and decoupaged to the page.


I added some hand written notes and doodles, that may act as prompts in the future if I'm having a design block.  These pages show the stamps used in one way, of course, but it is also a fabulous visual reminder of the sets you have, and may hopefully entice and inspire you to continue revisiting them and to try out new ideas and colourways.

Thanks for stopping by today, I would love to see and hear suggestions on how you store your stamps.

Visit again here at http://sarahhurley365.blogspot.co.uk/, there is much more inspiration on its way from the rest of the team.

Thanks for stopping by.
Claire N x



5 comments:

  1. I love this Claire, so pretty and practical too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip Claire.I should try journaling too to document my supplies :) .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant idea, looking through it you instantly get inspiration for cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have taken being organised to nothing short of a work of art!

    ReplyDelete