Hi it's Lisa here and I've been playing about with the Chevron Stripe Mask again.
This is another way to create a textured background using both heat and dry embossing and is a sort of Faux Letterpress technique...
Here's what you'll need:
- Chevron Stripe Mask
- Sentiments Stamps
- Gold, Red and Black Inkpad
- Clear Sparkle and Red Sparkle Embossing Powder
- Viva Decor Pearl Pen
- Kraft and Red Card
- Die Cutting Machine
Step by Step:
- Ink the mask with gold ink, making sure it is completely covered. Take a 14cm square piece of white card and place carefully onto the mask, securing with some low tack tape. Run through your die cutting machine to emboss and print the ink. I used a Cuttlebug and the sandwich was as follows A plate, B plate, mask, card, embossing mat, 2 card shims and a B plate. Carefully remove the mask. Cover with clear sparkle embossing powder and heat emboss. Mat onto red card and fix to your card base.
- Take a strip of white card and stamp a border using the heart stamp (from Sentiments Stamps). Trim leaving a small white border, mat onto Kraft card and fix to the card blank and
- Create a fishtail on a strip of white card. Mat onto red card and fix to the card blank. Stamp the 'I Love You' (from Sentiments Stamps) onto Kraft card. Tear ends and fix to card.
- Decorate with pearls.
|Close-up of the de-bossed heat embossing!!!|
Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for the start of our February Challenge as there are some fabulous projects to see.
Thanks for stopping by and come back soon for more inspiration from the fabulous Hurley Girlies!