Tuesday 18 February 2014

Clean & Simple Chevrons


Hi it's Lisa here and I've been playing with the 12x12 papers from January's A Few of My Favourite Things Kit.

Now don't get me wrong...I Love Love Love Sarah's papers but now they are 12x12 I sometimes struggle to get the larger patterns to work on a card as I usually make 6x6 cards or smaller! One option would be to take a little look at Sarah's fabulous selection of Digi Kit/Papers, as they can easily be reduced to a 6x6 format and the pattern shrinks too. However, I wanted to challenge myself to make a card using the largest pattern from the January Kit and make it work on a C6 card (10.5cm x 14cm).

Here is my card using Sentiments Stamps and the Black and White Chevron Paper:

CAS Birthday Card

Here's what you'll need:

Step by Step:

  1. Take an 8cm by 14cm piece of white card, mask the top third and stamp the remainder with various stamps from the Sentiments Stamp set. Remove mask and leave to dry.
  2. Attach this to two strips of the Black and White Chevron Paper and attach to the card blank using foam pads.
  3. Punch a star from some blue card. I used one of the journalling cards from January's kit, it has a heart pattern so I punch around a heart. Attach it using a foam dot and add some glitter glue to the heart. 
Close up of the Star


Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for more inspiration...I have had a sneaky peak at tomorrow's post and it's just Bee-autiful!!

Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back for more inspiration from the fabulous Hurley Girlies!

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Perfect Lisa, love the colours you have stamped with x

    ReplyDelete