Thursday 15 January 2015

Create a Calendar - February (Claire N)


Morning, thank you for joining me (Claire N) today as I share with you my next page in this mini series where we are creating a calendar.
February, traditionally is portrayed as the month of Valentines Day, but I wanted to do something a bit different. 

As I stand at my kitchen window, seeing what I can see out in the garden, I find myself watching our resident Robin bravely defending his territory from the fencing panels around our oil tank. They are fabulous feisty little birds either that sit alert ready to chase off intruders, or plump and fluffed up against the cold. Our little character sits atop his fence panels alongside the evergreen Ceanothus plant (that unusually already has a couple of blue flowers in bloom....in January!).

So it is that scene that I wanted to create, using Jaine's Robin's stamps, originally designed for Christmas, so I was conscience not to make this piece look festive.



This month again I have prepared this page for February for 2016, so that when I have made Decembers page, I have a full calendar ready for the following year, hope you will continue to join us all the way too.


Materials used
Calendar template
Calender component stamps
A4 white stamping card
Distress Ink Markers - Vintage Photo, Barn Door, Peeled Paint


3 comments:

  1. The way you have described this picture Claire is perfect, and the way you have used the stamps is just how I remember looking out of your kitchen window.

    Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Claire, so pretty. I love the colours you have used xx

    ReplyDelete