Saturday 7 June 2014

Love card

Happy Saturday everyone! It's Ria here today.

June is the month when weddings happen most so I thought I make a wedding card to celebrate love.

I think Sarah's Neopolitan kit fits the bill don't you think? I love the the soft, neutral color of the collection plus the paper patterns just works with a general themed project too.

I cut my background paper to a standard card size and also cut a smaller sized vellum that I used in the middle of the card to give texture. I also took a thin white lace to use. I just thought of lace whenever I hear bridal gown so here it is.  


The love birds stamp is from Sarah's Be Mine stamp set. I colored them with Pastel promarkers. I also follow the color of the wooden arch to match the paper colors.


Here I have die cut the the papers in two colors, one with its designed part and the other with the darker full color to give contrast. The lace comes on top of the die cut pieced.

I haven't done project life yet so instead of using the photo corners for photos, I used them here in the stamped image to emphasize the frame.

And here's the finish card.



And a closer look



Supplies used:
A Few of my Favorite Things - Neopolitan
February Documented365 Kit
A Few of my Favorite Things - Happy
Be Mine stamp set
Memento Tuxedo black
Promarkers


So there's my card project for today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!




1 comment: