Wednesday 22 April 2015

Filofax Divider

Good morning and welcome to the Sarah Hurley 365 blog.

Ever since I ( Clare )got my Filofax for Christmas I have been slightly obsessed with decorating it. This time I decided to create a Filofax divider. Of course you can adapt this to any planner that you may already have.



Here's a close up of the divider


Now onto the step by step instructions

1 - Measure a piece of smooth white cardstock 9 1/2 x 17cm.

2 - Stamp the girl image directly onto the white cardstock.

3 - Create a mask of the girl image by stamping onto paper and cutting it out.

4 - Place the mask on top of the girl image then using distress inks and a blender to create your background base colour. Here I used Tim Holtz distress inks in seedless preserves and picked raspberry.

4 -  Stamp the Ledger background and the astrology stamp using picked raspberry distress ink, still keeping the mask in place.

5 - Using the dot Zendoodle stamp, stamp randomly around the edge of the paper using both distress ink colours. I stamp onto a scrap piece of paper first before stamping on my project to lighten the colour.

6 - Take the black Memento ink and stamp the circle, zigzag border, dream sentiment and the April stamp directly onto your layout.

7 - Next lay your chevron stencil on top of your project and ink up with picked raspberry.

8 - Colour the Doodle doll in the alcohol inks or pens/pencils of your choice.

9 - Using some sticky back glitter paper stamp the crown stamp then cut it out. Peel the backing off before placing onto your project.

10 -  Finally punch out some stars, again using the glitter paper.

Materials

Doodle Doll Princess Girl stamps set
Zendoodle  Borders and Bits stamp set
Ledger background stamp
Today stamp set
Chevron stencil
Memento black ink

I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial as much as I enjoyed making it.

Clare x

3 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Clare and really makes your filofax extra special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jaine, I'm so enjoying personalising my Filofax, new addiction for sure! lol

      Delete
  2. Really pretty, there's no mistaking you like a bit of pink! x

    ReplyDelete