Thursday 30 January 2014

Noted 365

Hello there, Claireliz here with todays post.
I have a confession to make...I'm a notebook-a-holic, I love notebooks & stationery, I have lots & lots of notebooks, sketch books, journals, all in different shapes, sizes, colours & textures.
I also love to alter them.
It was whilst I was working on my goals layout that I came up with this particular idea.
I want to take part in Sarah's Documented 365 this year, but I always fall behind & catch up at a later date, I was trying to decide how to keep notes of events etc for Documented 365 and I decided it deserved a dedicated notebook, so I had a rummage about in my notebook box & found this little Volant Moleskine notebook...

It's tiny, 6.5cmx10cm, perfect for fitting in the pocket of my handbag, it's not very pretty though so, I took some teal chevron patterned paper from Sarah's A Few of My Favourite Things Kit & covered the book, I used glue to stick the paper to the front & back of the book & squashed it under a heavy book whilst the glue dried to ensure it stayed put. I also inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink...

Then I added 3 strips of pink washi tape down the spine of the notebook to prevent the paper from splitting or becoming worn...


Then it was time to embellish it, I used the little Polaroid stamp from Sarah's Picture This Stamp set to stamp 2 Polaroid frames, one onto white cardstock & one onto pink spotty paper, I cut them both out then cut the middle square (where the photo would be) out of the pink Polaroid & stuck it to the centre of the white Polaroid, again inking all the edges in Black Soot Distress Ink, I also used Sarah's Block Alpha stamps to stamp 365 in the Polaroid frame, I glued the frame to the front of the notebook, then using the same alpha stamps I stamped the word Noted under the frame & also stamped a small row of stars. Finally I stamped stars from Sarah's Odds & Ends stamp set & coloured them with gold stickles....


The perfect little pocket size notebook for writing down everything that occurs that I may want to use during the year.
Are you doing Documented 365, if so how do you keep track of all the goings on, do you take photos & print them straight away? Trust that you will remember the facts or do you also have a little notebook somewhere.

I hope I've given you some inspiration today, thanks for stopping by & hope to see you soon.
C xx




5 comments:

  1. This is great Claire, what a great way to jazz up a notebook xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect, this is just what I need too. Brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea, I love the result x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a fab idea and a great transformation

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so pretty! Too pretty to pop in your handbag, it needs to be out on display xxx

    ReplyDelete