Hi it's Lisa here with my first inspiration post on the new look blog.
We have already shown you a couple of posts on ways to create texture using masks, one from Jaine here and one from Jess here. I wanted to try and show that you don't always need to get messy (although sometimes that is fun!) to create a cool background.
Here's what you'll need:
- Chevron Stripe Mask
- Sentiments Stamps
- Yellow, Orange and Black Inkpads
- Stickles Glitter Glue and Viva Decor Pearl Pen
- White and Orange Card
- Die Cutting Machine
Step by Step:
- Take a 14cm square of white card and place onto the mask, securing with some low tack tape. Run through your die cutting machine to emboss. I used a Cuttlebug and the sandwich was as follows A plate, B plate, mask, card, embossing mat, 2 card shims and a B plate.
- With the mask still in place use a stencil brush to apply the ink. Remove the mask and mat onto orange card. Fix to your card base.
- Take a strip of white card and stamp with various sentiment stamps. Mat on orange card and fix to the card base.
- Stamp 'Surprise' onto a thin strip of white card and trim ends into fishtails (I used a square punch for this). Fix to card base using 3D foam pads.
- Decorate with pearls and glitter glue.
|A close up of the embossing.|
Hope you are inspired to try something different with your masks and if you give this a go leave a link to your project in the comments below as I would love to pop by and take a look...nosey? me? ;-)
Thanks for stopping by and come back soon for more inspiration from the fabulous Hurley Girlies!