Thursday 28 May 2015

Masculine Cards

Hi everyone,

It is Nicole here today with a project to share that was made for Fathers Day. It could however be easily adapted for any man in your life, for a birthday, anniversary, or just to say hi! I know a lot of people find cards for men tricky, but I have to say I rather enjoy making them. I enjoy the break from all the girly stuff!

For this project I started with the Instant Photo Frames by Sarah that you can find in the Silhouette store. I cut them from white card on my Silhouette cutting machine.
 I took out the inserts and covered them in the Rose Gold washi tape from the Sarah Hurley store.
 I then placed these inserts back into the frames and kept them in place with tape on the back. To decorate them I cut shapes on the Silhouette from a yellow gold card. On these I stamped words from the Sarah Hurley Curio stamp set. This stamp set is fantastic for these types of inspiring words and it was just perfect for on my little embellishments to really finish them off.
 I cut a mat of brown card stock for my card and edged it with the Woodgrain washi tape again from the Sarah Hurley store. This gave nice detail to the card, rather than plain brown.
 I matted some Sarah Hurley paper over this brown card. This paper has a really fun horse shoe pattern on it.
I adhered this to a card base. I then started to lay out my photo frames on this. I used the washi tape to mark out where I wanted the words for on my card too.
 You can see here why I did this. I cut the words from white card, and when placed directly on the patterned paper, they did not stand out very well.
 However when the word is placed over the washi tape it stands out nicely from the patterned paper.
 You can see the completed card here. The sentiment was cut on the Silhouette. I love how the card is actually quite simple but looks quite involved.
I hope you enjoyed this little process of how I created this card. You could use dies, or just a craft knife to recreate this quite easily also. 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea with the washi tape Nicole to use it as a backing.

    ReplyDelete